SP Racing Bookmakers wants you to enjoy your online gambling experience and advise you to follow these guidelines:
- Please try and establish limits before you commence gambling.
- Try not to let gambling interfere with your daily responsibilities.
- Gambling is not advised if you are in recovery for any dependency or are under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Do not turn to gambling as an alternative source of income or as a way to recoup debt.
- For information on how to gamble responsibly and for information on dealing with problem gambling visit www.gambleaware.co.uk
- If you would like further advice or help with responsible gambling, then contact one of the organisations whose details are provided below:
Gamblers Anonymous :
UK Based Helpline: 0845 600 0133
International Helpline: 00 800 33 66 99 66
or through their website at www.gamcare.org.uk
Gambling Therapy :
Get help through their website at www.gamblingtherapy.org
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you stay away from work or university to gamble?
- Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
- If when gambling you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do you gamble until your last penny is gone?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
- Have others ever criticised your gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed just to get money to gamble or pay gambling debts?
- Are you reluctant to spend 'gambling money' on anything else?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or other pastimes?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble more?
- Do you feel depressed or suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer 'yes' to these questions, the more likely it is that you have a serious gambling problem and may wish to seek help and advice through the channels outlined above.
On request, SP Racing Bookmakers will close any customer's account(s) for a minimum period of six months and for any period up to 5 years. During the agreed period of time the customer will not be able to place any bets nor will the customer be allowed to revoke the agreement. SP Racing Bookmakers will remove the customer's name from our mailing and marketing lists and will do everything it can to prevent a new account from an excluded customer from being re-opened during the period of self-exclusion.
In order to exclude yourself, you will need to inform SP Racing Bookmakers in writing of your intentions. Contact our customer services department and they will advise you on how you can proceed with any request.
Please bear in mind the following;
- A self-exclusion agreement cannot be revoked.
- This agreement only applies to SP Racing Bookmakers, if you have accounts with other operators you may consider excluding yourself from those operators.
- If you wish to resume gambling after the exclusion period expires you must contact the customer services department.
- Once an agreement to re-commence gambling after a period of exclusion has been reached, you will be required to wait 24 hours before you will be allowed to resume gambling.
Our customer services team will be available to discuss any aspect of this process or the implications of it.
In the United Kingdom it is illegal for someone who is under 18 years of age to gamble. SP Racing Bookmakers reserves the right to ask for proof of age from any customer and to carry out checks to verify the information provided. Customer accounts may be suspended and funds withheld until satisfactory proof of age is provided. The legal gambling age varies according to country and we advise you to check.
In order to avoid unlawful betting we may undertake a search with a third party for the purpose of verifying that you are 18 or over. SP Racing Bookmakers would, however, ask that, to prevent potential misuse, you keep your account number, user name and password confidential.
There are a number of third party applications available that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. These include :
- Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content - www.netnanny.com
- CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block - www.cybersitter.com